I’m a happy soul doing what I feel I was put on this earth to do. I’ve always felt that I have a story to tell. And I’ve always LOVED pictures. After much soul searching I realized that photography is my means of expression. Rather than try to recreate a scene or an emotion with words, I capture an image which if done correctly can make you feel as if you were there. I get to live the most inspiring parts of my life twice. First, in the being there. And again, in the sharing of the pictures that I’ve captured.
My other passion is kids. I believe that every child deserves a chance. Unfortunately, not every child receives one. Therefore, you’ll find me doing what I can to make a difference whether it be sitting on a board, throwing a fundraiser or volunteering my time.
Last but not least, you know those freaks of nature that are equal left-brain and right- brain. Yeah, that’s me. I’m also a marketing professional at a large corporation and I teach at the graduate level from time to time. My efforts have been recognized in the industry and I frequently write and speak on the topics of integrated marketing communications, advertising and social media. I want my legacy to be that I helped change how people see themselves and the world around them
5 Fun Facts
1. I love street photography (portraits are my second most favorite).
2. I have three photography idols (in no particular order): James VanderZee, Howard Bingham and Gordon Parks.
3. I’m afraid of bridges (So “No!”, I won’t take your picture on the Golden Gate Bridge. I’m just saying.)
4. Nothing makes me smile like the feeling of sunshine on my face.
5. I believe happiness is a choice. I choose happy!